Friday, October 26, 2012


Greetings Friends,
 
Revelation 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Is it necessary for Jesus to knock on the door of our hearts to call us to prayer?  Or is prayer a dominant theme in our lives?  When we go to Jesus in prayer…, is it simply an exercise in ritual and religion or is it reality?

Do we sit at the table of communion and partake of the bread of life?  Or, is it simply a boring exercise that must be done?  Simply a religious rule that I must keep to maintain my spiritual façade.


Am I a tree planted abiding in the life of HIM who is the root, the tree, the branches, the fruit of my existence?  Is Jesus real to me?  Brethren, I suggest to you in regard to this matter of prayer that to pray is to let Jesus come into our hearts.

I have never been able to get over the fact that Jesus Christ the very Son of God forgave me of all my sin and came to live inside of me.  How about you?  “…Christ in you, the hope of glory:” (Colossians 1:27)

In the same way that I first called on the name of the Lord and was saved, I am to walk in HIM.  Colossians 2:6  As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

How were we saved?  We heard the word of God.  The Spirit of God illuminated to our darkened soul the truth of God.  We recognized our need.  We repented.  We were sinners and we turned from our sin to Christ.  We cried out to God for mercy.  And mercy was granted.   Our sins were forgiven.  When I trusted Christ as my Savior I simply said, “Oh, God, forgive me!”  And it was done.  Forgiveness was mine. 

In that same way, we are to follow that same pattern of faith as we walk in this journey of faith.  We hear the word of God.  The Spirit of God illuminates truth to our souls.  We turn from the deception and truth is enlivened in our souls and again grace is real.

We received forgiveness:  1John 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

We received compassion:  Luke 15:18-20  18  I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, 19  And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.  20  And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

We received mercy:  Lamentations 3:22-23  22  It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.  23  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

God is faithful

God is compassionate
God is merciful
God is Great

And HE makes himself known to me as I choose by faith to walk with HIM.  How faithful has he been through the years to illuminate to my soul my sins.  The beloved Christ IN ME wooing, calling me to Himself.  He is to reign.  He is to sit upon the throne of my heart.  Therefore, to pray is to let Jesus come into my heart so that, I might fellowship and commune with HIM.  I do not push him off of the throne of my heart.  I do not keep him at arms length.  I do not ignore HIS pleadings for my soul.  I surrender.

Is Jesus sitting upon the throne of my heart right now?  He took up residence within me, so that, I would abide, rest, trust in HIS unfailing truth and life.  Is He knocking at the door of my heart longing to fellowship with me to take His rightful place upon the throne of my heart?  I suggest to you my friends that to pray is to allow Jesus come into our hearts to take HIS rightful place upon the throne of our hearts.  Is HE there?


No comments:

Post a Comment