Sunday, November 11, 2012

Greetings Friends,

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Matthew 7:14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 

What a glorious way is the way of Christ?  The way of Jesus Christ is a way that is most desirable.  It is a way that brings the opportunity for life, yea for life more abundant.  We are told in Matthew 7:14 that this way is a narrow way.  It is the way of Christ himself.  The New Testament covenant is based upon the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ which made a way for sinful man to be reunited with a Holy God.  The way of Jesus Christ would be a cruel cross.  There with his hands and feet nailed to a cross and a crown of thorns upon his head, he said,  “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.”

How many are they which pass us day by day and the image of Christ is not upon their hearts.  Oh no, their eyes are filled with sorrow, sadness, fear, and loneliness.  From these hearts arise hatred, anger, strife, murder, contempt, selfishness, and a list of fleshly acts that are too painful even to speak.  They are wounded.  They are hopeless.  They are deceived, but Jesus came to set them free.  We are the very sons of God, ambassadors for Christ to bring the message of grace to those who are yet lost and without hope. 

2Corinthians 3:6  Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

The word of God without the Spirit is like a sword that leaves the wounded without hope and without healing. Christian people make serious errors and oftentimes believe they can not come back to the church as they carry the guilt, the sorrow, the despair of their failure and the church only serves as a reminder to them of their failure.  Instead of being known as a place of blessing, forgiveness and restoration.  Casual remarks which seem innocent to one may be devastating to another who is carrying a load which has been and continues to be more than they can bear.  The way of Christ is a narrow way.  It is a way of grace, mercy, love and forgiveness.  It is our responsibility to remind them who are lost or who are wayward that grace is available.  The is no room for pride with the servant of the Lord. Humility is the foundation stone to the Christian faith and it is the very source of grace and blessing for the faith walk of the believer.

For myself, I sense a need to be very aggressive in dealing with the sin issues in my life, but I must be very careful, patient and compassionate in helping others.  I have found that God is so patient with me and I must be honest and demonstrate that same compassion and patience with others.  I do not need to put on a mask and pretend that I am living far beyond the fray of sin. 

When God calls me to surrender as HE points out a deception in my life and HE longs to replace that deception with truth, I may choose to reject the light that is offered.  This breaks the heart of God as HE knows all that I am losing and time is lost. 

Will I choose to surrender and then forgive, or will I forfeit the opportunity to know the grace of granting forgiveness and finding love, joy and peace in my soul instead of the curse of bitterness.

The way of blessing is a narrow way.  The way of Jesus Christ is a most desirable way as we discover more of the unsearchable riches of HIS grace.

When God calls me to show compassion, and to give when I don’t want to show compassion, when I don’t want to give, will I surrender and know the faithful hand of God as HE works through me to reclaim the lost from the pits of despair.  Or, will I reason away the compassion with contempt.  Speaking the deception in my heart:  “They do not deserve kindness.  They made the bed let them lie in it.”  

“Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.”  Yes, the way of Jesus is a narrow way.  “Father, forgive me; for so often I know not what I am doing.”

In my journey of faith down this narrow way, I do not want to lose Jesus in my conversations with others.  I can disagree without being disagreeable for they too have been made in the image of God and their life is of great value in the eyes of God.  Beloved, Jesus died for them, should we not die to self so that Jesus might love them to freedom.  Have we not known this way of grace to be a glorious way to live?  May the grace of God fill our souls and the peace of God reign upon our hearts.  May the blessing of the Lord be upon you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment